Friday 5 June 2009

My first week at Setapak

So, as all of you know by now, I am currently staying at PV10, which is a condominium off Jalan Genting Klang in Setapak, KL. Am living in a single room, with my housemates whom are all my Actuarial Science classmates...

First let me talk about my accommodation here at PV10. It was okay la... Most of the AS students also chose to stay here... but the thing is that the food here is a very big problem... only got one mamak and one chinese stall leh... I really cannot imagine myself eating here for the next two years! Luckily one of us most probably will have transport from next year onwards... looking forward to that!=)

First week... yet still have not went to the swimming pool... wanted to go there on Wednesday... pool CLOSED!

Next is classes in Uni... Since we have done away with the fixed tutorial groups thingy... I scared things will get a little bit messy. Of course the first (bad) thing which I found out here is that there is no photostating machine/service provided! Why last time got now don't have one? I know last time got vendor... why can't the university look for one and replace this instead of just leaving it like that? The students have the right to access to facilities such as photostating machines, and not put all the weight to one course rep.... I really pity him, but I don't know how to help since I don't have transport and there's no photostating services near my place... I was so hoping that there are facilities here in Setapak after the hell I have been through at PJ... Urgh...

Today is Friday... going back to Sunway straight after our last lecture finishes at 4pm.

Bought quite a lot of things this last two weeks... wah... $$$ all gone like that... My parents did warn me that my expenditure will be very very high if I were to stay at Setapak, compared with travelling all the way to and fro from Sunway... It's either time or money... can't have both=) I chose time, and I shall not regret it...

0 comments: