Wednesday 15 October 2008

13/10/2008 - First Day of Short Sem

It was the first day of my short semester after almost 4 weeks of semester break. Before this I actually went to my faculty office on Thursday to get the timetable for my course and to register for it. I actually find it hard to plan my time when I don't know when are my classes going to be held. I was hoping that they can settle it all down in two days, but it turned out that we are going to have classes for everyday except Wednesday... hmm...

Aiyah... what am I going to do for the rest of the time when I am not having classes? I know that we are going to have some assignments for the two subjects... but I don't think it will take A LOT of time, would it? Some days I have classes in the morning, some in the afternoon (well, 1 only...) How to find a job that suits my time?

Parents suggested to me to study for my first CAS/SOA actuarial paper... and I know a lot of people are studying for it now... Probably I will too...

Anyway, arrived a bit late into the lecture hall, and within minutes the lecturer told us to form groups to do assignments... Wow, that's early (and I kinda couldn't believe that we need to do some assignments also for this...)! I couldn't get myself a group, the people sitting next to me formed their own gangs and so I texted message my former groupmate to see if there's room for a poor groupless person like me... hmm...

There are two three-hour Pengajian Malaysia classes per week... Mon 8-11am and Tue 8-11am. Before this I spent time reading my seniors' blogs about their experience on sitting through the Pengajian Malaysia periods, just to prepare myself for the class. And it was all negative. I expected it actually. What I read was people listening to music on their MP3s, reading, sleeping... those kind of things.

On Monday and Tuesday, there weren't many people doing those kind of stuff. I suspect that it's because those were the first two lectures of the semester. Maybe by the third week people will start to get bored... I don't know... The things that the lecturer taught were all those that we have learned before during the Sejarah periods we had last time in sec school... Heck, I even brought along my Form 5 Sejarah textbook to class on Tuesday!!

Anyway, today (Wednesday) there is no classes, so I got to kinda rest a bit.. =)

0 comments: