Monday 16 June 2008

UTAR Talent Night 2008

The Talent Night Organizing Committee calls it "the most happening event this year in PJ Campus!" Yeap. It was UTAR Talent Night 2008, and as a fellow UTAR-ian, I told myself that I should not miss out on this 'special' event. And how glad I was when I got to witness some very interesting memorable performances by the students from UTAR, who came from three different campuses, namely Bandar Sungai Long campus, KL campus as well as our PJ campus.

A brief description of the event: The decoration of the venue (Block D Hall) was fantastically done. It was stated on the flyers that it will begin at six, but it only started one hour later (not that I was surprised, Malaysian time mar...). The stage was averagely sized, but was well decorated. Now on to the performances: First was the introduction by the contestants followed by a short thirty something second glimpse of their upcoming performances later on the night (there are 13 performances, some solo and some are group performances).

Next was their impromptu acting, where contestants need to perform a 30-second play from the keywords that they chose randomly. Lastly, they will get to give their full-length prepared performances to the crowd. Thought I would just mentioned the most talked about performance of the night, which was also kinda controversial and 'sexy' and.... wonder how the audition panel was able to include him in the line up.... hmm...

Anyway, my thought of the evening? It was definitely a successful one for the organizers. But who cares about what organizers... I indeed had a lot of fun watching the performances. And oh yeah, T5-T7 Course Rep G-Han performance was amazing (yeah, it was...)

On an interesting note, why did we need to register to enter the hall when the event was free? Isn't it the more the merrier? Furthermore I think there's still places in the hall...

0 comments: