Monday 16 June 2008

Father's Day

It's Father's Day!!



First of all, somehow this year, I feel so determined to give my Dad a special day, since, you know, probably I won't be able to be around next year to celebrate the special occasion with him. So, what did I do on that day?



This may sound a bit childish, but every year since I was in primary school I have been writing a card for my father for Father's Day. Nope, I definitely know it is not from Standard One onwards, but it started when my Arts teacher from don't know which year asked us to do a Father's Day card as an assignment during the Arts period. We were asked to use colourful paper, with some decorations on it using other colour papers and so on... And I really did put an effort to make my card look beautiful (and not because of wanting to get high marks...).



But nope, I am not here to describe my first Father's Day card making experience, but just to tell you all about how the 'tradition' came along. And although I am turning 20 this year, for as long as I can remember, there isn't a single year which I have not written my father a father's day card, and give it to him personally on that day. Yeah.... that's why I say I may sound really childish.



Maybe I should kinda like bring my father (and my family of course) out for a dinner (of course, bill on me) but still have not done it. What a teenage son.... (oh no, I am turning into an adult soon, and it doesn't sound nice especially when everyone keeps telling me so...)



Anyway, I followed him to play table tennis with his friends (I suck in table tennis...). Then, I helped out to prepare a special dinner for our family. Yeap, I agree with you if you think this is not something special... Didn't turn out the way I planned (wait, what was the plan?)



Anyway, I am just glad to have such a loving and caring father and mother...=)

0 comments: