Thursday 12 June 2008

Fun (working) is over... Now down to business (Studies)...

Worked in Sunway Lagoon for a few weeks around April and May... since I don't have anything to do... getting a few bucks per hour is much more better than just lazying around in the house doing practically nothing... haha...



I am typing this post out after the Orientation Week in UTAR PJ Campus (more on that later... if I am able to find time to blog about it...). To be really honest, I felt very out of place. Yeah... the same thing all over again... the speeches, the mass call, the meetings with heads of departments and so on.... It was the exact same thing that I have encountered before while I was attending the Orientation Week back in January in Setapak. New place, new surroundings.... but why do I felt like I am suddenly awake in a different world? Okay, yeah, this is SUPPOSED to happen after months of enjoying myself, living in a different world as most other students... But the difference was so big... I kinda felt a sense of regret for not really anticipating such a scenario coming at me... I thought I was supposed to be excited... I was hoping that I can fit in but I did not for the first week... I wonder how I managed to get so many phone numbers of the acquaintances on the THREE days alone there in Setapak... I just wonder...

Walked around Sunway Pyramid alone after the PTPTN loan briefing on Thursday. It was a normal school day, a normal working day. Nothing has changed... the mall working people are still checking their stocks, assisting customers, serving them... nothing has changed. It was STILL the same. For them, there is nothing to worry about... except those relating to their work... but still they do not have to worry about exams, assignments, homework... As the new batch of ex-students go back to study in various education institutions at all places, a new batch of students, those who have finished their A-levels, or diploma, or foundation studies, or degree students will come out to 'fill in their shoes'... People come, people go... But life goes on. The show must go on.



Weird as it may seem, I have been excited to enter university in March. But now, I felt the feeling that I missed so much about my 'mall' life (yes, missed my Form Six school life too!)... the place where students hang out after school expecially on Fridays, making me feel so young... During weekends, families came to hang around with children, reminding me of the early months last year (without my mind worrying about STPM) where I usually am 'forced' to go 'hang gai' with my family, upon the request of my younger siblings who just want to escape from their studies in school. There's no need to worry about anything. It is a whole new environment for us young fellas to experience a whole new life apart from just being students. There's so much to learn, yet knowing that we can never stay long here.



Unfortunately I found out that I have taken for granted the freedom that I have been given for the past half a year... always thinking why these people force us to work eight to nine hours per day, leaving us no time to do our favourite things. I also regret not trying out other challenging jobs out there in the city centre, or in other cities trying to survive myself. Yeah, found out that I was really pampered a lot by my family (especially my parents)... eat dinner prepared by Mom, watch TV the whole time, spend time on the computer for so long everyday, sleep until so late everyday (work don't start until 10.30am on a weekday)... Especially the sleep thing... SO don't want to wake up early for college... Now after meeting new people from other places from as far as Alor Setar and Kuching, who is staying in various accommodations around UTAR... living independently... I was so scared that I will not be able to survive if I were to be one of them, or if I were to go to Kampar for this course right now (FYI, I heard that I am going to continue my bachelor's degree in Kampar in January next year.) I got to toughen up now... Of course, I felt blessed and lucky to be able to live in current conditions, where I got to see my family EVERY SINGLE DAY (and it IS a good thing).



There's this saying: All good things will come to an end. Guessed this is it. Partying is over, it is time to get down to business... time to start my journey in university... time for a whole new chapter of my life which I expect to be filled with ups and downs... But I can't wait to see what's in store for me in the future!

0 comments: