Thursday 12 June 2008

Why (on Earth) Actuarial Science?

Why Actuarial Science? I am also not really sure myself. But after a lot of researching on the subject, what I can explain to others about the field of actuarial science is: the application of mathematics especially statistics and probability in the insurance and banking fields to make predictions and forecasts... or something like that...

I don't blame anyone if you guys don't know what the **** am I studying.... e.g. "what kind of science is that? Physical science?" Haha...

Why not engineering? Yeah... that's the thing... had a long long chat until the wee hours of the morning with my parents the other day... and one important point is that I don't really have that inquisitive and technical and hands-on thing... even though I still love physics...

See la... I heard a lot of ppl changed course after one semester... failing rate really high... I am here just to try my luck... Kind of digging my own grave... (no la... can't be that 'cham'...)

0 comments: