Saturday 12 April 2008

KL International Book Fair and PICOM PC Fair

Went to two places within a day. First was to PWTC to visit the Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair. First time there so wasn’t sure what to expect from it. It turns out that it was really not what I thought it would be. I mean, it is stated there “International”, but there wasn’t anything ‘International’ about the fair. Hmm…

It was about Malay books… I don’t think I saw English books or Chinese books there… except for a section where they sell magazines (which really surprises me because it was supposed to be a ‘book fair’…sell magazines like Times and Readers’ Digest??) There were also revision books for secondary schools… (Har? What does it has to do with International Book Fair??)

Kinda really looking forward to the Popular Bookstore’s Fair… but that will be like… 2 months away!! I remember my family and I spent the whole day at the Fair once… it was so great, so many interesting books for us to read… I wasn’t ready to go home when it was time to go!!

Spent less than an hour there (have to lor, since I paid like RM2.40 just to detour to PWTC, might as well use the best out of it…). Then made my way to KLCC for the PICOM PC Fair!! Yeap, have been looking forward to it, not that I want to buy anything… (In fact, did not even buy anything, maybe except a small thumb drive…) I noticed that the LRT trains have notices advising customers using its services to buy their tickets early to avoid congestion at the KLCC station. Good thought!

0 comments: