Tuesday 3 February 2009

A (Distant Cousin's) Wedding

If my memories serve me well, I think I have not been to a Chinese traditional wedding for a very very long time already. So, when words began to spread that one of my distant cousin is getting married and their parents have invited us for the celebrations, my siblings and I were hoping that my parents will agree to travel all the way from KL (or rather PJ) to Kuantan, Pahang. And yeap, they informed the family early about us attending... even though at that moment my younger sister and I still weren't sure if we still need to go back to school for the Friday... (my younger brother graduated, in case you didn't know about it...)

As mentioned, the whole wedding thing takes place in Kuantan. We stayed in Kuantan for two nights beginning Friday. A little bit about my 'distant cousin': Well, I don't think we call her 'distant cousin', but rather just 'cousin', isn't it? My relation with her is like this: My uncle's (father's mother's oldest brother) granddaughter is getting married to an American. The Church wedding in the US was over, but they decided to have another Chinese ceremony here in M'sia (or rather, Kuantan). And yeap, the groom's American parents were also invited.

There weren't many things which happened. We did got together for a large group photo on 2nd day morning, and then the 5 of us family went to walk around Kuantan town (nothing much to see=( and also Teluk Cempedak (that place very nice!)

That night (Saturday) was the wedding dinner in Hyatt Resort. Photos will be accompanied. Check out our attire=)

The next morning was the tea-giving ceremony. Old fashion way, as in the new couple kneeling in front of their parents to present them tea. Not only their parents, but also their uncles and aunties as well...

It was nice to be able to meet with a lot of my uncles and aunties after so long. My family is very big; my grandmother is the 12th among 16 children (go figure why so many!)... maybe it IS a blessing to be born into such a huge family=)

0 comments: