Sunday 11 January 2009

Year 1 Sem 2 Here I Come!!

This is it! After losing myself in the last 3 months, my school life will be starting again!! As I am writing this I am looking forward at what's in store for me in the new semester. I pray that the upcoming months will be a 'safe journey' for me, hope that the new semester would be just as exciting and adventurous like last semester's, if not more. Even though so, I am not putting to high my hopes on both of these things, or on achieving anything for that matter, as this upcoming semester is no Year 1 Sem 1... I expect it to be very much hectic than the last one (thanks to my seniors who scared the heck out of me with their stories of their second semester =p)

My aim this semester? To make it to the President's List! Honestly, I didn't really cared about this list at all (I didn't really know the list exists until I think a few days before/during the exam period when ppl started talking about it...)

One thing I found out during last sem was that even though quizzes, tests, midterms are indeed important, I don't think I should overly emphasize on them... I mean I should just listen carefully during lectures, study my tutorials (I don't think doing it first before going for tutorial class helped... changing strategy: study the tutorials and notes only after the tutors give out all the answers... and also will not copy the notes... will borrow other ppl's notes to save time)

Note: the above method may not be applied to certain individuals... in fact, I am trying out this method of studying this semester...

Sleep early! I need to be in bed by 11pm (I doubt I can close my eyes till 12 midnight I guess...)

On a more personal note, I hope that I can really improve on my character, my interaction with my coursemates. There is one thing that I regret now... I probably should not have taken the LAN subjects for short sem. I should have worked or something like that. Or maybe shouldn't... I don't know. I guess that the three months can really be used to improve my conversation skills but then I think again... can I change within a definite time limit... like three months? I think it takes more than that... it's more like a long term commitment... But I often wondered if I can be more vocal or a bit talkative a bit... ever since I was small, my parents often told others that I am that kinda person who don't really talk much... now almost 21 years old, ppl still look at me as some kind of quiet person who don't like to talk...

I planned to continue to study for my SOA paper but I really doubt I can do it. Lousy as it seems after I kinda knew I would not be able to make it for the Jan 09 sitting of the P/1 paper, I was already thinking of sitting it in 2010!

This few days (today is the day before the 1st day of new sem) I have been staying at home packing for my new sem. It really does help to calm yourself and make sure you are mentally and physically prepared for the new sem. I know the school will be taking a break again just after 2 weeks for CNY... A lot of ppl will not be fully settled down and concentrate during the 2 weeks... can't really blame them as they have just gone through 3 months of holidays... and just when they got the hang of the routine of going back to school, they will be enjoying themselves again after just 2 weeks (*note 'they' as opposed to I... coz I stayed back for the short sem...)

That's for this January 09 Semester. Will thought of it all again when my Y2S1 sem starts in June 2009. At that time, will evaluate my progress again. I may be expecting/hoping too much this sem. I don't know. But it's good to know that I am not here to just enjoy or live my university life, but there's some goals in life which are waiting for me to achieve too!!

0 comments: