Saturday 19 April 2008

UTAR Kampar Campus Visit

Last Sunday, my family and I went to UTAR Kampar Campus' Open Day (which was of course, at the Kampar campus!)

Long story cut short... drove all the way there... went for a tour around the campus... took a few photos. Very nice building indeed... or more like: nice environment... nice view... nice surrounding... nice... wateva la....

Can't really describe the tour for you guys... it's best that you take one day off and then have a look for yourself the university that has everyone talking about these few years... (at least within my family...)

Anyway, my thought of the new campus? Exhilarating. Beautiful scenery indeed (as stated above). Not surprising as the new campus was ready just a couple of years ago.. The hallways are very wide... Spacious. The rooms for the talks were big enough... three of the four sides of the room is made of glass... easy for people outside to see what is happening inside...

There's also the talks and booths for you to ask questions... nothing new there...





Final comment? Definitely a good environment/place for one to study, at least infrastructure wise... the lecturers? That one I promise myself to seriously do some research on it... But the talk speakers over there shown to the audience the list of all the names of the lecturers as well as their qualifications... which I think was done to kinda like reassure the parents and their kids that their programmes are really of high standard...

If I may, I want to state my opinion on UTAR. One thing I don't like about UTAR is that the students and even staffs like to converse using Cantonese or Mandarin. When I was sending in my application form there last December, even though I told her about me sending in the form in English, the girl at the counter still speaks to me in Mandarin!! Something like... (in Mandarin) "Send this form to the counter over there..." Come on! I don't blame if she speaks broken English or anything...

Oh yeah, the same thing with the office staff that I worked with while I was a temporary assistant at UTAR. "Do you understand Cantonese?" That was like the second thing that the girl said to me after introducing herself to me. Aiyo...

Front Building

Inside the exhibition hall

Canteen

Food Menus at the Canteen
View from the Canteen (Canteen on the left)

Library under construction

That's me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the canteen is nice huh? but there is only one stall is operating. and the seats are also cukup-cukup only. it's not enought to fit the large numbers of students.
so, you're going to study there?
well, i'm one of the students there. welcome :)