Tuesday 8 January 2008

Orientation Week (3rd Day) - Ice-Breaking and Tele-Match

This is the most interesting event which I have looked forward to for the past.... wait, I only found myself interested in joining it the day before... haha!

It was what they called 'Ice-Breaking and Tele-Match'. (shoot, forgot where I put my programme book for that day... if I have it now I would have scanned it and put it on the net...) Anyway, arrived there early and registered. I was given a name card with a string which I can hang it over my neck... (after typing that line I went to hunt for this name card also, thinking I should keep it as a rememberance... nowhere to be found.... :(


While waiting for the crew to call us, I had a few chats with some new students that I have just knew in campus... looks like everyone was really in the mood to get to know new people... The students were really from all around Malaysia... I met two from Johor, a few locals, one from Sarawak...


It was not long before we were told to put our bags in a room and then gather at the car park. First it was the speeches by the chairman, the chairperson, a staff from the DSA (Department of Student Affairs)... and then some short briefing by the committee members of the event...


The next event was morning warm-up exercises... you know la... the aerobic stuff with the music on... and everyone was jumping up and down loosen up their body... Kinda felt like young schoolchildren again...


We were then assigned to four groups according to our name tag colours... and the fun then began... Our first station was 'Blind Man Walking'. Members of a team need to line up and successfully walk across a field where there will be chairs as obstacles along their path.... with their eyes BLINDFOLDED! The only person that will not be blindfolded will be the person who is the last person lining up behind. No one are allowed to talk... so the trick here was that the last person needs to give signals in way of hitting the person in front of him... and then the person that was being hit will then hit the person in front of him and so on... so that the message would be able to send across...

Okay, I give up... It's hard to explain... You can't feel the excitement unless you are really playing the game...

Next! We need to search for sweets in a lecture theatre... in the dark! So how to look for the sweets? Well, we were given candles (which are lightened up, of course!). Nothing interesting actually... all the funny places that the senior thought of hiding the sweets... we was able to find them all!!

3rd station was the paper-scissors-stone game... yeah, the one we watch on television... Again it's one team versus the other... and the winner from the battle will get the chance to splash water on the losing opponent... The only way that person do not get wet is to use the umbrealla given to him/her...

4th station was the human link game and the water balloon game... 5th one was about finding sweets from a bowl of flour... the last one was treasure hunting...

I give up... no use describing without photos of the event...

But anyway, just in case anyone of you happened to enter UTAR sometime in the future... then hopefully you will get a rough idea of what the tele-match was all about...

As of now, I am now looking for work... hopefully I can find work really soon... desperate to go out there and do something instead of playing games here at home...

0 comments: