Sunday 6 July 2008

28th June - Visit to UPM

It was like any ordinary Saturday morning. I woke up really late... and virtually wasted the entire morning doing nothing... reading the newspaper while eating my breakfast at a speed that is almost ten times slower than ordinary university days. Suddenly, Mom called me on the phone.."Sheng Hung! Are you going for the public u thingy today??"

"Err... what public...oh!!! Today ah?" I suddenly realized that it was the day where new undergraduates of public higher education institutions (IPTA) register into their respective residential colleges today. (No... don't get me wrong my fellow Form Six classmates, I knew you guys were going to be entering public uni that weekend, but I mistook Sunday to be the date...)

It was the fourth Saturday of the week, and my father worked half day that day. So, after picking him up from the office, Mom, Dad and I drove ourselves down to Serdang where my campus is located. (One university but two campuses; the other one is in Sabah.) The first place that we went to was the residential college that I am supposed to register myself in ('unfortunately' I decided not to take up the offer). Yeah... yeah... there were the usual registration booths at the main section but we did went up and have a look inside the hostel. Each of the rooms in it was actually small... two person per room. Wanted to take a picture of it but couldn't. But we did went for a bite at the cafeteria... errr.... like dat lor... what can one expect?

Before we left, we drove around the campus and had a look at the various faculty campuses within the university grounds. Basically what we saw were buses and buses carrying people from all states into the various campuses... students who came with their families, with each of the family members helping him/her to carry things such as blankets, bags, clothes and stuff like that... students bersalam-salaman with their parents... What a sight. (Yeah, it will happen to me sooner or later...)

"SO.... UTAR or UPM??" Mom and Dad asked me as we left the university compound. I did not answer, but rather smiled at them. After 'a moment of silence', we burst out in laughter. The clock finally ticked at 5pm. The registration was now closed. There's no turning back now, I told myself. It's First Class Degree or nothing else.

Myself in front of Kolej Sepuluh, the college that I am supposed to stay in...=)
My name on the list... guess you can't see it...
Doorway
Room 246-- The room that I am 'supposed' to stay in for the next three years
Haha... err..
My parents and I in front of the old building(still being used).
Faculty of Engineering

Faculty of Engineering

0 comments: