Monday 10 December 2007

Open Days and PICOM PC Fair

It was the first weekend after my STPM examinations... and I have planned quite a bit so that all the things can be fit into the two days of weekend...

This weekend the first private college that I heard of that was having its open day was Taylor's UC... for three days. I visited the campus myself to listen to a talk called "Project Based Engineering at Taylor's University College" by one of the lecturers... Actually I thought that the title was just something to attract people to listen to the talk... like, instead of putting plain two words "Engineering Talk" as its talk title... to attract people to come and listen and see for themselves what is engineering all about...

But my suspicions were true... it wasn't really about engineering as a field of study. From the very first five slides of the presentation, I could sense that a lot of the parents that were attending the talk must be wondering whether they really come here to listen to all these stuff... all these about what does the students in the engineering department do during their study here in Taylors...

But to me as an STPM engineering student I think it is very beneficial to me... it really gave me a picture of what to expect when I am going to study engineering next year...

The next day I went to the UTAR Setapak campus for their one-day open day. Also listened to the engineering talk, and participated in the campus tour... got to see for myself how the campus looks like. But the tour guide told me that the engineering department is in the midst of relocating to the new campus in Kampar... I heard that it's going to be as early as next year!! Imagine... next year I need to be in Kampar already?!!!

Actually wanted to drop by the FACON Edufair in PWTC but did not have the time... went straight to KLCC for the PICOM PC Fair... A lot of people as usual... didn't really buy anything as I was just there to look around only... (There's so many PC Fairs in a year... and also I don't really have anything to buy also...)...

FYI, still staying at home doing nothing these few days...

0 comments: